Friday, April 27, 2018

Celebrate Holland’s King's Birthday with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Maarten De Zoute

Celebrate Holland’s King's Birthday with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Maarten De Zoute who was co-created by myself and an online cut up engine, God's Rude Wireless.

See here for more on Maarten and here is a second poem we wrote (which was left out of the book for space reasons): It seemed only right to cut my own creations first before cutting anything written by a collaborator. For I worked in collaboration, over a number of years, with a team of real writers, to create this lively and entertaining body of work of fictional European poets.

Read more about the European Union of Imaginary Authors here and here. All the collaborators are accessible via links here.

Accompanied by biographical notes, the poets grow in vividness until they seem to possess lives of their own; they are collected now in Twitters for a Lark, published by Shearsman.  More on Twitters here and here

This collection marks a continuation of the work I ventriloquised through my solo creation, the fictional bilingual Belgian poet René Van Valckenborch, in A Translated Man (read an early account here; the book is also available from Shearsman here ).

I see these two books as the first two parts of a fictional poetry trilogy. Not sure what I should do next though, even though I have a few pointers. I'm only just getting over the spate of launches. Access links to these, and all Twitters news, here.