Saturday, March 03, 2018

Celebrate Bulgaria’s Liberation Day with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Ivaylo Dimitrov



Celebrate Bulgaria’s Liberation Day with European Union of Imaginary Authors poet Ivaylo Dimitrov who was co-created by myself and Patricia Farrell.

See here for more on Ivalyo and here for more on Patricia.

I worked in collaboration, over a number of years, with a team of real writers, to create a lively and entertaining body of work of fictional European poets.

Read more about the European Union of Imaginary Authors here and here. All the collaborators are accessible via links here.

Accompanied by biographical notes, the poets grow in vividness until they seem to possess lives of their own; they are collected now in Twitters for a Lark, published by Shearsman.   


More on Twitters here and here.
This collection marks a continuation of the work I ventriloquised through my solo creation, the fictional bilingual Belgian poet René Van Valckenborch, in A Translated Man (read an early account here; the book is also available from Shearsman here ).

I see these two books as the first two parts of a fictional poetry trilogy, but I'm currently not sure in which direction to go. Should Van Valckenborch return? Or should I concrentrate on some of the EUOIA poets I created alone? Perhaps a collaboration between four women in memory of Lucia Cangliani?